Happy Blessed Rainy Day----Thurebab Lu Tashi Delek

"Happy Blessed Rainy Day"...... Happy Blessed Rainy Day......Happy Blessed Rainy Day.....
I could remember the thirst I had for the arrival of this day in my childhood. Filled with joy and excitement, I use to think of miracle to happen whole night with time.  "Faster and Faster" was  the only  notion and wish I  lived with. I could remember the rice porridge (Thug pa) almost half ready by the eve of Blessed Rainy day. That night used to be the most happy and exciting moment of my  life. I am sure many of you have experienced the occasion with much excitement and joy than me and still I feel the day is much awaited for many people. "Blessed Rainy Day" the marking of end monsoon season is celebrated throughout the country. The sanctifying water is believe to cleansed the bad karma accumulated by the individual. All rivers and waters are considered to be  "elixir " for at-least a week.

My mom and dad wakes early to get ready with the porridge and tea. Mixed with pork and cheese the porridge varies. I used to feel the charm  of day as I could taste the delicious food right from the morning. The bond of kinship is strengthened as it marks the gathering of all loved ones. I could happily taste the pork particularly meant for the day celebration whereas it is the nightmare for the pigs. Earlier, almost every household use to raise a pig for " Thruebab" (Blessed Rainy Day) but now with modernization people refrain from doing it because they get what they wish from the towns and shops. Moreover, killing is  believed the greatest sin from the Buddhist perspective.


Today, I am far away form my beloved parents. I have missed the same occasion many a time. Even then, I wish all my parents, friends and love ones a happy Blessed Rainy Day. I hope many of you have still the similar feelings and excitement that you once had for the day. Happy Blessed Rainy Day. May your sins and bad Karma get cleansed with the sanctifying water.

Labels: