A letter to CNR Waste Management Club

Dear friends
It has been a month since you joined back to College of Natural Resources. I am pretty sure you all are very busy in developing your carrier skills and upgrading knowledge. I hope for your good endeavors and bright tomorrows. Regards to all lecturers, brothers, and sisters and above all to hardworking team of College Waste Management Club.
Ever-since I thought of being a little steward, I have put my efforts and commitment in doing the work with full heart. I have never stayed backward and became gofer delegates during my stay which today gave me a great satisfaction. I am very happy that I did some great things in the place, society and country I lived in. It is not that I expected something in return from the work I have done rather there is a need for such kind of proactive role to move our society together.
Before the start of club, I felt very ashamed to put a proposal of Nu. 500 to College Management to fix the dustbins in and around the college campus. The rationale behind was the college has pass out 22 batches of student who were actually to be environment conservationist, society lover, locality developer and above all the main contributor of rural development. I have wondered why there isn’t any initiative taken before to build up some funds with the available resources to combat the issues the society is facing. Then, the waste management club was formed and started working tirelessly with collecting all kinds of trashes. At the end we had made around Nu.14, 000 as the fruit of our hard work. The money is with our club supervisor which is kept as club seed money so that future proactive environmentalist can use it in developing environment friendly ideas.
I feel very sad very to be deaf without any news from the College Waste Management Club. Dear friends, it is also very important to create awareness to the nearby people who is educated or not. It is not necessary to have banners depicting the waste management concerns. We are having access to the social weapons like facebook, wechat, twitter and many more.  Your little concern can make difference in the life of people. Because I have experienced that ever since I became the club member. I have used an important social media like facebook page and blogger to write my perceptions on the way I see things in the community I have been living. Some of them have given positive reactions where they are reminded of the issues we are facing.
As an end note, I like to share my feelings upon the perception of people with regard to waste. Many people even educated find waste management like invasive invasion as they feel the new generation with new thinking capability has to be born but I feel that waste management can be easy if there is collaborate work between the parents, teachers and students. The parents can take lead role in advising the children to take care of their own waste and also becoming themselves an exemplary model. Children are influenced by the behavior and environment we are creating to them. We can’t anymore keep on blaming to have clean environment without ingraining our younger generation with steward roles. So, I hope we could together bring changes to the society we are living in.

Thank you
Tashi Phuntsho

Ex- club president